Goosey Selfie Contest: Terms and Conditions
'GOOSEY SELFIE' ["the Contest"] begins 15/12/2016 and ends 15/01/2017 ["the Contest Period"].
- This Contest is organised by Boustead Ikano Sdn. Bhd ["the Organiser"].
- The Organiser reserves the right to vary, postpone or re-schedule the dates of the Contest or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion.
- The Contest Standard Terms and Conditions ("T&C") shall govern the Contest that is organized by the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to at any time, change, amend, delete or add to the Terms and Conditions and other rules and regulations including the mechanism of the Contest at its absolute discretion.
- The Organiser may terminate or suspend the Contest at any time at its absolute discretion.
- The Organiser may result to not award any prize and shall not give rise to any claim by Contestants and the Contestants shall abide by the Organiser's final decision regarding the status of the Contest and the disposition of the Prizes.
The Criteria for eligibility of this Contest shall be based on the following:
- Open to all residents of Malaysia except employees of the Organiser, immediate family members, its agents or its representatives or any parties related to the Organiser are allowed to participate.
- Contestants may be required to submit further proof of their eligibility within such timeframe as may be required by the Organiser failing which the Organiser shall be entitled to disqualify the Contestant.
3. How to Enter:
- Contestants are required to upload a selfie of themselves onto the Goosey Selfie platform, www.gooseyselfie.com.my
- Contestants are required to use provided tools and customize their selfie, making it look like a goose.
- Contestants must also answer a hypothetical question, which will be used to generate a goose-like name for them.
- Contestants must then share their Goosey Selfie on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram.
- Contestants must tag their picture with #GooseySelfie as the caption.
The submission period is from 15/12/2016 to 15/01/2017 (11:59pm).
The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify and/or revoke the Prize (at any stage of the Contest) if:-
- The Contestant is ineligible or does not meet any of the Eligibility Criteria; or
- The Contestant breaches the Terms and Conditions or other rules and regulations of the Contest or has been found to violate any applicable laws or regulations; or
- In the Organiser's sole determination, believes that the Contestant has attempted to undermine the operation of the Contest by fraud, cheating or deception.
6. Winners & Prizes:
- There will be a total of 50 (Fifty) winners for this Contest. [10 (Ten) weekly winners for the duration of 5 (Five) weeks]
- Winners shall be determined by the Judges. Judges' decisions on all matters relating to the Contest (including without limitation, the selection of Contestants, method of the decision and/or resolutions made) shall be final and absolute and binding on the Contestants. No discussion, correspondence, enquiry, appeal or challenge in respect of any decision of the Organiser will be entertained.
- The top 10 pictures every week as voted by judges will be rewarded with mystery prizes worth a minimum of RM150 per prize.
- The winners' names will be notified/announced by the Organiser on MyTOWN Facebook Pages and will be contacted by the Organiser via Facebook Message.
- All pictures submitted by Contestant will be featured on www.gooseyselfie.com/gallery, and shall be the property of Boustead Ikano Sdn. Bhd.
- Selected pictures may also be utilized for the launch of MyTOWN Shopping Centre for commercial or advertising purposes.
7. Others General.
- This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Only Contestants who have fulfilled the Terms and Conditions shall be eligible to win a Prize.
- The Organiser (including its respective employees, staff and agents) shall not be liable for any loss (including loss of opportunity and consequential loss arising therewith) and/or any damage suffered by any Contestant or Winner in connection with the Contest.
- The Winners are bound by the Terms and Conditions that come with the Prize. The acceptance of Prize indicates the acknowledgment and agreement of such Terms and Conditions.
- The Organiser is absolved from all liability resulting from the Contestants' infringement of third party copyrights from submission of photos and captions.
- The Prize is not exchangeable and/or transferable. Failure to accept Prize by the Winners when required to do so shall constitute a rejection by such Winner(s) and the Organiser reserves its rights to award the Prize to another Winner(s).
- The Organiser reserves its sole right and discretion to delete, remove, not consider or reject content that is deemed improper or offensive in whatever nature.
- The Organiser reserves the right to publish or display materials or information, including but not limited to the names of all Contestants for marketing, advertising and publicity purposes in any manner deemed appropriate. The rights of the entries are automatically assigned to the Organiser and that it reserves rights to use the entries via any means without compensation.
- The Organiser further reserves the right to use any personal data of Contestants in any manner and/or for any purpose deemed fit and the Contestants are deemed to consent to such use with no monetary payment.
- The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest with or without any prior notice and reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by the Organiser shall not entitle the Contestants to any claim or compensation against the Organiser for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- The Terms and Conditions herein shall prevail over any inconsistent terms, conditions, provisions or representations contained in any other promotional or advertising materials for the Contest.
- The Organiser reserves its rights to vary, delete or add to any of these Terms and Conditions and/or substitute or replace the Prizes from time to time without any prior notice.
- By participating in the Contest, it is deemed that the Contestants agree to be bound by the terms and subject to the conditions herein set out upon submission of entry.
- The decisions of the Organiser in relation to every aspect of the Contest including but not limited to the type of Prize and Winner(s) shall be deemed final and conclusive under any circumstance and no complaint from any Contestant will be entertained. The decision of judges appointed by the Organiser are final, conclusive and binding and no further appeal, enquiry and/or correspondence will be entertained.
8. Personal Data.
By participating in this contest, you hereby indicate and acknowledge that you have read and have understood the Privacy Notice and hereby consent to us processing your personal data in the manner and for the purposes described in the to the aforesaid Privacy Notice. Do not participate in this contest if you do not agree to or otherwise have any objections to the processing of your personal data or to the terms of the Privacy Notice.
Some of the cookies are strictly necessary for the functionality of the site while others are used to enhance the performance and your user experience.
Functional cookies are used to:
- Remember your log-in details
- Make sure you are secure when logged-in
- Make sure that the web site looks consistent
Performance cookies are used to:
- Enhance the performance of the web site
- Enhance the user experience
Targeting cookies are used to:
- Allow you to share and like
- Send information to other websites to customize their advertisement
The cookies are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling the functionality of some specific services like payment which will not work without those cookies.
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task.
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and to ensure that there's enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
- Analysing data to help us understand how you use online services so we can improve them.
If you want to delete any cookies already on your computer, please refer to your browser vendor’s instructions by clicking “Help” in your browser menu.
You can also find out more about cookies and how to delete and control them on www.aboutcookies.org or click “Help” in your browser menu.